Here are the Headlines:
Reminder for DACA Renewals: USCIS must RECEIVE your properly filed renewal request on or before Oct. 5, 2017.
- Text of the Order:Presidential Proclamation Enhancing Vetting Capabilities and Processes for Detecting Attempted Entry Into the United States by Terrorists or Other Public-Safety Threats
- NYT Article: “President Trump on Sunday issued a new order indefinitely banning almost all travel to the United States from seven countries, including most of the nations covered by his original travel ban, citing threats to national security posed by letting their citizens into the country.”
McClatchy: “Under the plan being discussed, teens in this group would be sent back to their countries when they turn 18 under a fast-track deportation, which means they would not see an immigration judge first.”
The chart includes: “IF: Your DACA expired on or before Sept. 4, 2017, and you did not properly file your renewal request on or before Sept. 5, 2017. THEN: The DACA process is no longer available to you.”
- TPS for Sudan to TERMINATE in November 2018: Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke has determined that conditions in Sudan no longer support its designation for Temporary Protected Status
- TPS for South Sudan renewed through May 2, 2019
CALLS TO ACTION
RAICES Network: Action Network is the tool RAICES will be using to communicate with volunteers and community about events and news. Please complete the sign up so they can also include you in all information!
NYIC: #TakeAStand Against the New Muslim Ban
- TEXT “NYIC” to VOICES (864237). If we need you to show up to JFK Airport for a protest, you’ll be the first to know via our text service.
- RSVP to join thousands in Washington, D.C. on 10/10 when the Supreme Court begins hearing arguments about the Muslim Ban. They also need to hear from New Yorkers loud and clear: Immigrants and refugees are welcome here.